Aims of the workshop
In the last 25 years, the body of research about smooth dynamical systems beyond the uniformly hyperbolic setting has grown substantially and at a rapid pace. Every 2-3 years since 2001, a workshop has been held to disseminate new results, establish connections between researchers, and train new generations of early career mathematicians. Carefully chosen mini-courses and a small number of invited talks allow ample time for informal collaboration. Previous workshops have been held in Evanston, 2001, Buzios, 2003, Chicago, 2006, Beijing, 2009, Luminy, 2011, Bedlewo, 2013, and Olmue, 2015.
This year’s workshop will be held In Provo, Utah from June 5th to 16th of 2017
- Partial hyperbolicity
- Nonuniform hyperbolicity
- Singular hyperbolicity
- Lyapunov exponents
- Statistical properties
Global and Semi Local Properties
- The C1-topology
Connections Beyond Hyperbolicity
- Symbolic extensions
- Interval dynamics
- Actions of discrete groups on manifolds
- Holomorphic systems
- Aaron Brown and Zhiren Wang: Lyapunov exponents, entropy, and a proof of the Zimmer Conjecture for cocompact lattices.
- Fanny Kassel and Rafael Potrie: Anosov representations.
- Eric Bedford and Misha Lyubich: The complex Hénon family.
- Pierre Berger and Christian Bonatti: Blenders and parablenders.
- Sylvain Crovisier and Yuri Lima: Symbolic dynamics for surface diffeomorphisms.
- Clark Butler and Victoria Sadovskaya: Lyapunov exponents and invariant conformal structures, with applications to rigidity problems in geometry.
- Carlangelo Liverani: TBA