A block of rooms have been reserved at the Provo Marriott Hotel and Conference Center the Baymont Hotel and the Provo Marriott Springhill Suites Hotel. We will book the rooms for you, however, we will need to know the dates of your stay and any roommate preferences by April 15, 2017 to lock in the conference rate.
We recommend Salt Lake City (SLC) International airport for those flying to the conference. There is also a regional airport in Provo that has a limited number of flights each day. The conference will start in the morning on Monday, June 5, and end around noon on Friday, June 16.
Salt Lake City International Airport is about one hour from Provo and there are a number of transportation options from the airport to the hotel. Three options we recommend are the following:
(1) Express Shuttle from airport to hotel. Reservations need to be arranged by you and can be made at 1 (800) 397-0773 or on their website http://www.expressshuttleutah.com. The price is $36 one way or $72 round trip.
(2) The other option is public transportation. Note that the train does not run on Sundays. Check with the website http://www.rideuta.com for times, fares, and maps. The cost is approximately $7 one way and tickets are purchased just outside of terminal one in Salt Lake City International airport. The trip takes about 1 1/2 hours. From the airport take TRAX from the Salt Lake City airport to the North Temple Bridge/Guadalupe station, at this station you go down some stairs or elevator and transfer to the FrontRunner south train, ending at the Provo Central station. From here you can either walk to the Marriott hotel, about 1/2 mile (<1 km) heading north for the Marriott, or transfer to a bus or taxi for the short ride to the hotel. The Baymont hotel is about 3 miles (5 km) from the train station and can be reached by bus or taxi.
(3) Rental car costs are quite low at the time for the area. If you are planning on driving to National Parks or Las Vegas for the weekend you may want to rent a car for the week. There are a number of rental car companies at Salt Lake International airport.
The conference will take place at the Provo City Library. This is about .6 miles (about 1 km) from the Marriott, about 1.5 miles (2 km) from the Baymont, and just over 1 mile (1.8 km). You can find directions by clicking here.
As we will not have talks over the weekend (June 10-11) a number of people have asked about suggestions for tourist destinations. Salt Lake City and Park City are each about 1 hour from Provo. To get to Salt Lake City you can take public transportation. You will need your own transportation to reach Park City.
Other suggestion are
2. Zions National Park (4 hour drive from Provo).
3 Yellowstone National Park (5 hour drive from Provo).
4. Las Vegas (5 hour drive from Provo).