(Credit Hours:Lecture Hours:Lab Hours)
This course is not offered on BYU campus, but is available at the BYU Salt Lake Center and through Independent Study.
High school algebra.
Elementary logic, real number system, equations and inequalities (linear, polynomial, rational, and radical expressions), graphing, function notation, inverse function, exponential functions, systems of equations, variations.
Desired Learning Outcomes
When you have successfully completed this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Use the Basics of Algebra
- Use Algebra for Problem Solving
- Use and Understand Graphs, Functions, and Linear Equations
- Use and Understand Systems of Linear Equations
- Use Linear Equations for Problem Solving
- Use and Understand Inequalities
- Use Inequalities for Problem Solving
- Use and Understand Polynomials and Polynomial Functions
- Use and Understand Rational Expressions, Rational Equations, and Rational Functions
- Use and Understand Exponents and Rad
- Use and Understand Quadratic Functions and Quadratic Equations
Successful completion of high school algebra.
Minimal learning outcomes
Possible textbooks for this course include (but are not limited to):