The BYU Department of Mathematics invites applications for a CFS-track professional faculty position at any academic rank to begin in August 2021. The application deadline is October 15, 2020.
Brigham Young University (BYU) requires all applicants to use its own application system (YJobs). AN APPLICATION TO MATHJOBS IS NOT AN APPLICATION TO BYU. The following link will take you to the advertised position on YJobs and MathJobs:
MathJobs Posting 15991 (Click on the “Apply” link near the top of the page beside Position Description.)
You will be required to upload a cover letter and CV on BYU’s site, and to list the contact information for three recommenders on the faculty application on YJobs.
Required Degree: PhD in mathematics. Required degree must be completed by the start date.
Experience: Only candidates with significant experience teaching mathematics at the university level should apply.
- Position expectations are 70% teaching and 30% service.
- Teaching duties will include teaching lower and upper division undergraduate mathematics courses including large-lecture calculus.
- Teaching and service expectations include the design and coordination of lower-level undergraduate courses.
Document(s) required at the time of application:
- Attach your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to the faculty application.
- Teaching Portfolio. The teaching portfolio should include a teaching statement, record of previous teaching, record of previous service, and previous student ratings. The applicant may also include other material in the teaching portfolio that demonstrates that the applicant will meet the duties and expectations of the job. The teaching portfolio should be uploaded as a single PDF onto the application on MathJobs.org.
Information required at the time of application:
- Have each recommender upload a letter of recommendation on MathJobs.org. The letter should address the applicant’s teaching and service. The letter need not address the applicant’s research.
BYU is an equal opportunity employer. Preference is given to qualified candidates who are members in good standing of the affiliated church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
If you have any difficulty with the application process or if you have additional questions, please call or email Lonette Stoddard (email@example.com, 801-422-2062), or you may write to