How to Apply
For more information, visit the Office of Graduate Studies homepage.
Deadlines: January 15 (Spring, Summer, Fall), September 15 (Winter). Late applications will be considered. The following items need to be submitted:
- Entrance examinations: The General GRE and GRE Math Subject tests are required. Applicants must have a minimum score of 600 on the GRE Math Subject Test to be competitive.
- Three letters of recommendation
- The university requires an ecclesiastical endorsement for all applicants. Applicants who are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints should contact the Graduate Studies office to arrange an interview with the University Chaplain.
- Unofficial transcripts for past degrees
- English proficiency tests for most non-US applicants
- $50 application fee
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics or similar technical subject
- A year’s sequence in advanced (proof-based) calculus
- At least a year’s sequence in other advanced (proof-based) mathematics courses