How to Apply
- Apply online.
- No decision regarding admission to our graduate programs will be made until the application fee has been paid.
For more information, visit the Office of Graduate Studies homepage.
- Deadlines: January 15 (Spring, Summer, Fall), September 15 (Winter). Late applications will be considered.
- Entrance examinations: The General GRE and GRE Math Subject tests are required. Applicants must have a minimum score of 600 on the GRE Math Subject Test to be competitive. THE GRE MATH SUBJECT TEST WILL NOT BE REQUIRED FOR APPLICANTS IN 2022. As a side note, once you have applied to the program don’t be confused if you receive notification from BYU that you are deficient in something called “Mathematics Rescaled.” This is the name BYU has chosen for the GRE Math Subject Test.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- The university requires an ecclesiastical endorsement for all applicants. No decision will be made without the endorsement.
- Credit at least equivalent to BYU requirements for a baccalaureate degree in mathematics.
- A year’s sequence in abstract algebra.
- A year’s sequence in advanced calculus.